Monday, December 14, 2009

Sustainable Development: a Development I can sustain?

im faced with the immediacy of my future. i want to work in sustainable development because i want to positively contribute to this planet. but HOW? and WHERE? and WHAT THE HELL?

that third one is sentiment... but it works. so im searching schools, and searching my soul, and reading like a madman. it begs the question, is my goal to work in SD a realistic one? are there too many people studying in that field for the # of jobs available? is another 2 years of school feasible at my age / with my historical profile?

this is BIG. like bigger than the past 3 months of french studies. bigger than moving to france. bigger than quiting my job. bigger than syracuse. bigger than anything before.

As you (who?) can see, I'm a bit lost. help!

1 comment:

BoFiS said...

Good title, and an excellent question, one only you can answer. Though if the answer is YES, then I'd be behind you and would hope that in this day and age it COULD be sustainable as a profession too...it SHOULD be since what good is anything if we don't have a planet to live on that doesn't suck?