Sunday, November 1, 2009

Resident Evil

I almost forgot! I had another brush with French Administration this week, but I can happily report that it was far less painful than usual. And the result... (drum roll please), I have my Carte de Sejour! Probably anticlimactic to most, because the words Carte de Sejour don't evoke much to the English speaking community, but it means that I have my residency card and I can legally live and work in France until the end of my VISA.

Yay! I know. It's a minor technicality, but I'm cheering the fact that I had an appointment on Thursday with the immigration office at 2pm, I arrived, took my shirt off (it was a physical), coughed a few times, spoke french, and left by 3:30pm. 1 hour and 30 minutes is unheard of in France for accomplishing.. well anything really. But especially unheard of with a government agency. I was rather impressed.

No comments: