Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Presentation

I've realized something. After giving nearly 4 or 5 presentations in French, I've become a better public speaker... in English. What I mean to say is that I thought it was hard to give presentations in English before I came to France, but after having struggled with a non-native language and adding an additional layer of complexity to the process, I'm fine with presenting in English. I'll take a giant hall filled with uninterested people in front of whom I can speak nervously any day of the week, as long as it's in English. Because there's nothing worse than trying to improvise in a language where you have no words. When you arrive at a dead end, there's no bullshitting, it's just shitting, and that doesn't please anyone, including yourself.

No comments: